Community Connections

Living in Toronto
City Hall
Local Utilities
School Boards
Government Links


Living in Toronto ^ back to top

At the 311 hotline, you can obtain information about all city services.
Within the City of Toronto, just dial 311. Outside the city, dial 416-392-CITY (4289). TTY: 416-338-0TTY (0889). Email: or visit The 311 staff can answer questions and/or issue Service Requests for the following:
Watermain breaks.
Road emergencies, including fallen traffic signs and malfunctioning traffic signals.
Missed Garbage, Recycling, Green Bin or Yard Waste pickup.
Overflowing litter bins or litter on streets.
Parks and Recreation program registration.

Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program

Toronto Animal Services
General Inquiry: 416-338-PAWS (7297)

Toronto Public Health
General Inquiry: 416-338-7600
After Hours: 416-690-2142

Utility Bill (Water and Solid Waste) Billing Inquiries
Billing: 416-338-4829

Building Permits & Approvals
General Inquiry: 416-395-7000
Building Permit information. Click Here.
Find out if your your contractor is licenced with the City. Click Here.

Parking Tags Operations-North District
North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street, Lower Level
Parking Ticket payments online: Click Here

Toronto Employment and Social Services
Client Services: 416-392-2956
Find your local office by postal code. Click Here.

Municipal Licensing and Standards (By-Law):
General Inquiry, North York District: 416 395-7011
Track the status of your by-law complaint here.
Apartment Standards website.
City of Toronto Municipal Code

General Inquiry: 416-393-INFO(4636)

Toronto Maps

Planning Department
General Inquiry: 416-395-7000

Registry Services (Marriage Licensing)
General Inquiry: 416-392-7036

Seniors Resources (Four Seasons Connections)
Four Seasons Connections provides a wide range of services for seniors, including indoor and outdoor home maintenance, and emergency services.
Services are fee based. Residents must register by calling 416-447-5074.

Seniors Resources (North York Seniors Centre)
The North York Seniors Centre offers in-home services, including homemaking and respite care, exericse and social activities, transportation services, and caregivers assistance.
For more information on these programs, call 416-733-4111.

Toronto Arts, Heritage and Culture

Toronto Environment Office


City Hall ^ back to top

Council and Committee Agendas and Minutes

City Clerks Office
General Inquiry: 416-392-8016  

Search Toronto Documents
Click Here

Meeting Monitor
Monitor the status of agenda items during Committee, Community Council, and City Council meetings.

City of Toronto Bylaws


Business ^ back to top

City of Toronto Business Resources 
Information on shopping by-law, business permits and licences.

Enterprise Toronto
Resources for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
North York Office: 5100 Yonge Street, Main Floor
North York Office: 416-395-7434


Local Utilities ^ back to top

Bell Canada
Customer Service: 310-BELL(2355)
Service or Repairs: 611

Rogers Cable
1-888-Rogers (1-888-764-3771)

Toronto Hydro
Power Outage or Hydro Emergency: 416-542-8000
Customer Service: 416-542-8000

Enbridge Gas
Emergency Service: 1–866–763–5427
Customer Service: 1–877–362–7434


School Boards ^ back to top

Toronto Catholic District School Board
Admissions: 416-222-8282 x 5320
General Inquiry: 416-222-8282 x 5314.

Toronto District School Board
General Inquiry: 416-397-3000


Government Links ^ back to top

City of Toronto
General Inquiries about city services: 311

Province of Ontario
General Inquiry: 416-326-1234
Find your Member of Provincial Parliament (click here).

Government of Canada
General Inquiry: 1-800-O-CANADA (622-6232)
Find your Member of Parliament (click here).

Ontario Municipal Board
General Inquiry: 416-326-6800

Ontario Human Rights Commission